uniqs

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

This isn't supporting anything....right?

The center peice of wood...I'm thinking of cutting it out and gorilla glueing it to the back side of the left door, that way it still shows a complete look.

I have to get under there and tighten up the sink to the granite. I just noticed it came loose. Never did that before, should be fun

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

That is just a piece of trim, no support. If you do attach to the back of a door, just remember you will have to always close that door first. After many years of being able to close the doors independently, this may take some getting used to.

Is the sink attached with clamps/screws or glued in place? When they did my counter-top the sink was glued calked to the underside of the stone. I don't know if that was the proper way or not.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

This is what they used with the combination of adhesive.

So I'm thinking of gorilla glue and tighten those screw up. But to get in there I gotta remove the trim. (Been wanting to do it anyway)

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

If at all possible, reseal the sink to the stone if it has come loose before you tighten things up again. This will stop water from leaking down into the storage area below the sink.

I like that approach to mounting the sink, makes it easy to replace if you want. Mine, not so easy.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One to onebadmofo

MVM

to onebadmofo
Please post a picture after you've done this. I've been considering doing the same with our base cabinets, but I haven't figured out how to make it look good when the doors are closed.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

Whelp, it's clamped up and now to get in under there and fix the sink.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

I know it's too late now, but in order to "open" and "close", there's going to be a gap at the top and bottom that may or may not be noticeable.

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey

said by Hall:

there's going to be a gap at the top and bottom that may or may not be noticeable.

I have this same situation, and had the same thought. I figured I would saw it from the back at a slight angle, to minimize the kerf width at the face. I do have a Japanese pull saw, but I don't have the driving ambition to do this quite yet.

Why I have this situation in the first place: The big box was out of sink bases, so I just got one of these. Plumber complained about it. I have since relocated the sink twice and increased my sympathy for the plumber.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

3 recommendations

onebadmofo

Premium Member

Well here it is. I have some clean up to do but I actually plan on painting the cabinets sometime this week. So I'll be sanding them down anyway.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

2 recommendations

garys_2k

Premium Member

Great job! I like the bottle hanger idea, too.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by garys_2k:

Great job! I like the bottle hanger idea, too.

Thanks.
That bottle hanger? My wife, and Pintrest. But yeah I like that that too. I can't wait to paint them. It'll brighten things up big time in there.

Hall
MVM
Germantown, OH

1 recommendation

Hall

MVM

My wife must have saw the same Pinterest post...

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by Hall:

Hey it works and provides a valid function, I don't care where she found it.

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member
join:2000-11-13

quitaccount to Hall

Premium Member

to Hall
said by Hall:

thank god my wife doesn't go to pinterest. she has enough tasks for me already LOL.

the paint will be nice. I had the same exact color cabinets, and my wife and I painted them an antique white. really livened up the whole kitchen.

well, that, the backsplash, new LED undercabinet lighting, ETC she had me do.......

Hall
MVM
Germantown, OH

1 recommendation

Hall

MVM

said by quitaccount:

thank god my wife doesn't go to pinterest. she has enough tasks for me already

Hah ! Things like these, my wife takes care of on her own. It's just a spring-loaded curtain rod.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

Yep mine too.